At Memories+ Home Health Care Services, the health and safety of our clients, their loved ones and our employees is our primary concern. Please note that the information that follows is our best guidance as of the time of publishing. As the understanding and path of COVID-19 and its impact on our society evolves, so too will these policies and procedures that are recommended and adopted in our daily lives. Please be aware, therefore, that information contained in this report is subject to change.
- Employees will complete electronic symptom screening prior to the commencing of shifts. The office will be flagged of any concerns to follow up on.
- Clients or loved ones are to inform the office of any symptoms that either the client, household members or visitors may be experiencing.
- Employees will screen clients for symptoms at every visit.
- No employees will be permitted to visit a client if they are experiencing any type of respiratory infection or symptoms of COVID-19, have travelled outside of Canada, have a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, or have come in contact with a person who has been diagnosed with or is suspected of having COVID-19.
- In accordance with York Region Public Health, all employees will be required to wear a surgical mask throughout their entire visit and eye protection (goggles or face mask) if patrons are within six feet and not wearing a face covering. Supply of full PPE (masks, eye protection, gloves, and gowns) has been provided and is available to employees as required.
- All employees are to complete hand hygiene upon arrival, frequently as required during their shift, and upon departure.
- Regular disinfection of frequently touched surfaces.
- Employees have been provided with resources outlining procedures on proper hand hygiene, dawning, and doffing of PPE, signs & symptoms of COVID-19, and respiratory etiquette.
- Nurse Case Management support for clients and employees available.
- COVID-19 resource page available on our website at www.memoriesplusgroup.com.
If a client, household member, or employee has new, worsening, or unexplained symptoms, they are to call our office at 1-855-558-4798 and speak to our Director of Care. Additionally they should seek an assessment from their primary health care practitioner, and if appropriate, tested at a COVID-19 Assessment Centre as early as possible and be in contact with York Region Public Health (YRPH) at 1-877-464-9675 ext. 73588 or after hours at 905 953-6478 to receive instructions and protocol, and are to advise Memories+ Director of Care of YRPH directions.
Clients loved ones and employees are to inform the Director of care of any possible or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, or any exposure to possible or confirmed COVID-19 cases. Our Director of Care will work directly with YRPH to ensure protocols are being followed, implement additional measures and changes as required, and disseminate communication to our clients/loved ones and employees as per YRPH.
Our plan has many strategies to minimize and reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19. However, it is important to realize that we cannot provide a “zero risk” plan.